Friday 17 April 2009

Stuck in my mind: David Bowie - Starman

David Bowie is among those singers that have influenced whole generations of musicians and has been one of the most important figures in the 70s, 80s and 90s and to some extent even in the 00s. I have never showed any certain interest in his music, but these days I have spent some quality time with production long before my birth (fyi 1987) and David Bowie was one of the top names I had to check out. I am still adjusting to his music, which is quite a diversion from my usual taste. However, after a full listen to his Best of Bowie I could easily pick up songs that fascinated me with their originality and lyrics. For the time being my top favourite track by Mr. Bowie is "Starman" from his Ziggy Stardust era, which brought him to fame in no time.

No comments: