Saturday 23 May 2009

Stuck in my mind: N.A.S.A. - Gifted

N.A.S.A., which stands for North America/South America, is the dream-come-true for Sam Spiegel (Squeak E. Clean) and Ze Gonzales (DJ Zegon), who have teamed up to create music cramped with all their favourite and hyped singers, coming from various genres and backgrounds. I still haven't listened to their debut album "The Spirit of Apollo", but as soon as I get my hands on it a review is going to be posted. Today's post is dedicated to the single "Gifted", which has as guest stars Kanye West, Santigold and Lykke Li. "Gifted" happens to be their fourth single in a row. Although the song sounds a bit too crowded with the separate guest-stars I like the combination of Lykke Li's soft vocals with the rapping of West and the distinctive singing of Santi White. Probably not the most impressive track I have listened these days, but still worth listening.