Friday 22 May 2009

Discoveries: FlyKKiller



I really hated it when I overlook some great stuff and afterward have to shame myself with belated posts and praise, but one cannot hear absolutely everything, which is my excuse...I guess. Luckily the excellent music eventually always reaches my ears and befriends my soul. Such is the case with the Polish-English act FlyKKiller, which is formed by Pati Yang and Stephen Hilton (who are married as well). It was started as a electro-rock project, but it immediately started incorporating elements of trip-hop, dark-electro and alternative pop. Pati Yang is famous for her solo project being the pioneer of trip-hop music in Poland, making the way for loads of Polish alternative projects. The debut album "Experiments in Violent Light" on 1st October 2007 with mainly positive reception by both critics and fans. The duo has already announced their second studio release on its way this year.