Wednesday 4 February 2009

Stuck in my mind: Danny Elfman/Marilyn Manson - This Is Halloween

It is clear to me that Halloween is ten months from now, but these days I've been revising my appreciation for the Tim Burton's films and watched once again my favourite stop-motion movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas", which may not be directed by Burton himself, but he is the one behind the concept of it. I remember watching it like more than a decade when it was firs available in Bulgaria. I was really fascinated and as I watched it today it was even a greater experience than the first two times. The beginning is my most beloved song from the whole score and it was more than a pleasant surprise to me when it was reissued last year, including cover versions of all the songs. My personal favourite is Marilyn Manson's version of "This Is Halloween", which perfectly suits him. His rendition of the song is next to best and I am pretty sure that Manson himself had the desire to record it. Although a bit of the original magic is lost the whole song still carries the gloomy touch intended by Danny Elfman.

I am posting both version as I love them both:


Danny Elfman - This Is Halloween


Marilyn Manson - This Is Halloween

No comments: