Wednesday 18 March 2009

Burn down the disco! Volume 1 - alternative dance

I like dance music! Indeed, and I have nothing against it. I am just annoyed by all the crap that is played in discos, especially those relying on mindless house and distasteful techno and I am so eager for a place where you can listen to alternative dance music without the whole Rihanna - Ciara bullshit on the list. That is why I decided to create my own dance compilations, containing different aspects of the enormous dance genre.

My first choice is alternative dance, which includes mainly EBM, industrial, dark electro and futurepop. Of course, it is impossible to include everything I want, plus this is supposed to be a compilation, not a party set, which has to satisfy the whole evening. I tend to avoid remixes as I have never been a big fan, but from time to time they turn out to be much better than the original version itself.
Click to listen or Click here

1. Laibach - Achtung!
2. KMFDM -Megalomaniac
3. Apoptygma Berzerk - Soultaker
4. Blutengel - Bloody Pleasures
5. Panzer AG - Battlefield
6. Grendel - Harsh Generation
7. Combichrist - Happy Fcuking Birthday
8. Das Ich - Destilat (Club Version)
9. Funker Vogt - City of Darkness (Downtown Mix)
10. Icon of Coil - Remove / Replace
11. Helalyn Flowers - E-race Generation
12. Jesus on Extasy - Assassinate Me
13. Machinae Supremacy - Gimme More
14. Marilyn Manson - Posthuman
15. Rammstein - Moskau
16. Skinny Puppy - Ugli
17. Deine Lakaien - Lass Mich
18. Clan of Xymox - It's Not Enough
19. The Crüxshadows - Birthday
20. The Sisters of Mercy - Temple of Love
21. Diary of Dreams - The Curse (Freak Edit)

Do not forget to hear the compilation and delete the tracks afterwards! Support your favourite music by going to concerts or buying their releases!

No comments: